Friday, November 14, 2008

Homeless vagrants:-)



This is my home no more.

Kind of a sad thought, huh? This is one of the more beautiful sides of Iowa, and probably the sight I will miss the most.

We emptied the house and had to be out by 10:00am this morning. Our wonderful friends and neighbors had us over for breakfast and Mark and Minda and I wanted to take a hot meal over to Mom and Dad, who were still filling the trailer (for the third or fourth time {why do we have so much Junk that we need?}). We pulled in the driveway and the Suburban was gone, Mom and Dad had gone into town to get a car top carrier and not told us that they had left. I went into the house and no one was in there. It was kinda spooky/eerie/ weird, anyway I got shivers. I got back to where Mark was waiting he asked if Mom and Dad left with out us. I have to say that my heart skipped before I realized the ridiculousness of his question.

So here we go... our last night in Iowa. We are staying at my brothers house in Garrison for the night and Gabe, Brooke and Aaron came over and we all had chicken and pizza. We hope to get to St. Cloud MN tomorrow. I'll let you know if we get there!

No comments: