Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Here we go...

Are we crazy??? Is a Chevy sub to small to hold eight people, a Samoyed, a Siberian husky and a sciatic cat, on a ten day trip to the already frozen north country of Alaska? Can we with stand the temptation to... listen to me I haven't even been in the car yet and already getting dramatic (LOL). Life is an adventure and its not worth it living the same day twice. I'm very excited to be going -if a little nervous about the actual trip- I know that as a family we will pull threw this and survive no matter what.
Today I said goodbye to one of my best friends. You don't realize how much you love someone until you have to let them go without knowing the next time you will see them. I don't care how much easier it is to communicate no than it was one hundred years ago it still hurts just as bad to say farewell to loved ones. Tomorrow holds even more goodbyes, but a very good friend told me on the phone today that "the last few days are full of heart breaks and sadness but the adventure of the road is like a healing salve to sooth them." I hope she's right.
We have tomorrow to finish everything! The new owners of the house take over on Friday at 9:30am then - as Dad likes to put it - WE ARE HOMELESS!!!!
As for now I have a sleeping bag that is calling my name, until next time.

No comments: