Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fort Nelson






This isn't Iowa any more! We are on Mile 300 of the Alaskan Highway in a little town called Fort Nelson. We are in the mountains and the roads are very icy! instead of sand and salt they put rocks on the roads. Its kind of a joke your not truly Alaskan until your windshield has a chip or two. We got our first chip today! I'm not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing.
Dad saw the first moose today, but no one else saw it. See Dad said that who ever saw the first moose would get ten dollars , so I think that he made the moose up. He did that in Montana too. he said whoever saw the first bear got five dollars, guess who saw the first bear? So I'm thinking that his moose sighting should be ruled out, just my opinion.
Now that Sarah has seen the mountains her 'are we there yet's are now aimed at Alaska.
We now have to time our days as the towns are scattered and the gas stations are few and far between. Half of the gas stations are closed for the winter season anyway.
I think that the car gets smaller every time I get in and squeeze Aleika at my feet. We get into the hotel and everyone sighs and spreads out.
Before we left people asked what we where going to do living in a smaller house. Even a two bedroom apartment will be bigger than the suburban. We'll make it work! But until then we'll keep our chins up!

2 comments:

Butterflydancer said...

I got pics this time!

DadofBoanerges said...

I'm enjoying your blog. Good job of writing. I am a bit envious. Must be some of that Roster wanderlust a few members of the family have shown! Mike R.